Welcome to The Westlands Teaching School Alliance
The Westlands Teaching School Alliance opened in 2014, led by the Westlands School and supported by other schools within the Trust. The Teaching School works closely with both primary and secondary phases to deliver outstanding training and development for their teachers and leaders. Alongside this the alliance continues to offer support to other primary and secondary school across the South East region.
The Trust runs an extremely successful Initial Teacher Training through a robust School Direct programme, working closely with Canterbury Christ Church University. Our aim is to ensure that those entering the profession are given the highest level of training possible.
Teaching Schools are outstanding schools that work with others to provide high-quality training and development to new and experience school staff. They are part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in raising standards by developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system.
We offer opportunities:
- Continuing Professional Development: Enhance your pedagogical practice through bespoke continued professional development (CPD) courses: Improving Teacher Programme and Outstanding Teacher Programme
- Leadership Development: Improve your leadership capacity through our various courses including: NPQML/NPQSL, Internships, Outstanding Leadership in Education, Become an SLE
- Research: Advance your critical enquiry through further study and research: MA course, impact studies with Whole Education
- Educational Support: Providing support for other schools using our SLEs
- Become a teacher through our robust School Direct Programme