Application and Interview Process
We are keen to recruit high quality graduates. Places with Swale Academies Trust are highly sought after, so early application is recommended.
Applicants to the Swale Academies Trust School Direct Programme, will need to apply via UCAS.
Please note that all of the schools in The Westlands Teaching School Alliance are listed under the training provider code 14H on the UCAS website.
Interview and Assessment Day Format
If your application submitted on UCAS is successful, we will invite to for an interview and assessment day at your chosen school.
Programme of the day:
- Introduction presentation
- Tour of the School
- Short Literacy and Numeracy Tests – assessing your basic skills
- Delivery of teaching task (you will be provided with time to prepare this task prior to the lesson)
- Group interview conducted by pupils
- Subject based discussion to identify subject knowledge
- Formal Interview
This is subject to change according to school/position applied.
Should you be successful at interview, it is a requirement that Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy are completed within 6 weeks. If possible, skills tests should be completed prior to interview; if you have completed them please bring evidence with you that you have passed.